I believe that all food should nourish us, even when it’s a treat. I start with organic whole foods, then mindfully prepare them to create unique, delicious treats that satisfy every sense and leave you feeling great. I believe in balance, so use sweeteners with what I think is just the right loving touch. Of course, this is subjective.
Here are a few of the things that make Julia’s Kitchen’s bakery different…
- We offer many amazing flourless options, made from sprouted grains. Our flourless muffins, breads, and cinnamon rolls have a beautiful, moist texture and delicate taste.
- When we do use flour, we first sprout the grains, then dry and grind them ourselves so we can provide you with the freshest, most nourishing baked goods possible.
- We have a full line of raw treats, many of which are made solely from sprouted nuts, fruits, and spices.
- We use homemade nut milks, freshly made from sprouted organic nuts and chia seeds.
- We use organic ingredients, healthy unrefined olive, and coconut oils, and low-impact or whole food sweeteners like dates, coconut sugar, and brown rice syrup.
- Everything we make, our entire kitchen and bakery, is gluten free. It’s also vegan. Don’t let this throw you off though, it’s all delicious. It may or may not be a little different than what you’ve eaten before, but variety is the spice of life!
Most importantly, we are happy bakers and chefs. We love what we do. We often listen to mantra in the kitchen. We pour our love into everything we make. We are honored to make food for you and we are proud to serve it with the knowledge that it is truly nourishing.
I love to play around with new recipes, so here is just an example of what is currently on offer:
LIGHTLY SWEETENED SPROUTED MUFFINS, ROULADES, AND 6-LAYER TORTES Sprouted grains, dates, coconut sugar (optional for some flavors, coconut oil, chia seeds, spices and extracts depending on flavor, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and leavenings combine to make the most delicious things!
- Sweet Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Muffins 1/2 dozen $20 also available in mini size. See flavor options below, or feel free to suggest your own. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
- Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Roulades jelly roll-style, filled with healthy and so delicious fillings made from whole foods like fruit, sprouted nuts and seeds, coconut, etc. See See flavor options below, or feel free to suggest your own. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
- 6-layer torte; cakes are sweetened with coconut sugar and dates; some flavors can be made with dates only for a less-sweet cake; all frostings are date-sweetened $35 for one cake flavor+one frosting flavor. See flavor options below, or feel free to suggest your own. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
- Assorted one-bite treats such as cookies, adaba bars, brownies, etc.
FLAVOR OPTIONS FOR MUFFINS, ROULADES, TORTES
- vanilla cake (sprouted quinoa)
- lemon cake (sprouted quinoa)
- lemon poppy seed cake (sprouted quinoa)
- carrot cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- pumpkin cake (sprouted buckwheat) (seasonal)
- gingerbread/spice cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- Chinese five spiced cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- coconut cake (sprouted quinoa)
- banana cake w/or without walnuts (sprouted buckwheat)
- chocolate sprouted buckwheat cake
- chai-spiced sprouted buckwheat cake
- vanilla frosting (cashew)
- carob frosting (cashew)
- chocolate frosting (cashew)
- carob hazelnut frosting
- coconut whipped cream
- fermented cashew cream cheese frosting
- raspberry date-caramel filling
- date caramel filling
- berry or fresh fruit filling (seasonal; may require additional charge)
- berry frosting (cashew or coconut)
SAVORY BAKED GOODS
- Sprouted sourdough loaves *please note special order flavors start at $12
- chia flax (buckwheat and millet; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $10
- buckwheat flax buckwheat-only breads have a softer crust and are made without chia seed. (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar per loaf) $10
- caramelized onion and herb (buckwheat and millet/zero added coconut sugar) $11
- Za’atar focaccia (buckwheat and millet/zero added coconut sugar) $7
- cinnamon raisin (buckwheat only) (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- fennel or fennel and onion (buckwheat only; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- Mini veggie focaccia half dozen $22.50
- with cashew cream cheese baked on top $25
- Millet muffins; an all-millet quick bread batter, very lightly sweetened with dates, made with extra virgin olive oil and baked into muffins. Similar to cornbread in many ways, millet muffins can be either sweet or savory depending on the fillings and toppings chosen.
RAW TREATS rotate seasonally; sweetened only with fruit and may include:
- carob mint drops (sprouted almond)
- lemon ginger drops (sprouted almond)
- fig bars (sprouted buckwheat and walnut)
- carrot cake (sprouted walnuts and cashews)
- cashew coconut macaroons
- strawberry macaroons (cashew)
- turmeric dream bars (layers of coconut and turmeric-coconut cream on a sprouted nut crust)
- brownies (sprouted walnuts)
- Dehydrated Kale Chips (nut free; sprouted pumpkin seeds, chia seeds)
- Raw Onion Crackers (nut free; contain sprouted buckwheat)