We believe that all food should nourish us, even when it’s a treat. We start with organic whole foods, then we mindfully prepare them to create unique, delicious treats that satisfy every sense and leave us feeling great. We believe in balance, so we use our sweeteners with what we think is just the right loving touch. Of course, this is subjective.
Here are a few of the things that make our bakery different…
- We offer many amazing flourless options, made from sprouted grains. Our flourless muffins, breads, and cinnamon rolls have a beautiful, moist texture and delicate taste.
- When we do use flour, we first sprout the grains, then dry and grind them ourselves so we can provide you with the freshest, most nourishing baked goods possible.
- We have a full line of raw treats, many of which are made solely from sprouted nuts, fruits, and spices.
- We use homemade nut milks, freshly made from sprouted organic nuts and chia seeds.
- We use organic ingredients, healthy unrefined olive, and coconut oils, and low-impact or whole food sweeteners like dates, coconut sugar, and brown rice syrup.
- Everything we make, our entire kitchen and bakery, is gluten free. It’s also vegan. Don’t let this throw you off though, it’s all delicious. It may or may not be a little different than what you’ve eaten before, but variety is the spice of life!
Most importantly, we are happy bakers and chefs. We love what we do. We often listen to mantra in the kitchen. We pour our love into everything we make. We are honored to make food for you and we are proud to serve it with the knowledge that it is truly nourishing.
We have some staples on our bakery menu, and we like to play around as well! Check our our menu to see what you’ll typically find! Pre-orders are invited, encouraged, and appreciated; they help us avoid waste which is philosophically crucial for us while also help with our sales to keep us in business; and of course they help you, because you get what you want! And, here’s a general idea of our loose baking schedule:
- Chia Flax: (the base millet and buckwheat recipe) Tuesday and Thursday
- Buckwheat only (usually cinnamon raisin or fennel): Tuesday
- Sugar Free (usually there is about 1 teaspoon coconut sugar per loaf): Wednesday
- Caramelized onion and herb: Wednesday
- Za’atar focaccia: Wednesday
- Mini veggie focaccia with cashew cream cheese: most days, but call ahead if you know you want them
- Friday free for all; feel free to provide inspiration!
Muffins or roulades (Typically nut free) made from either sprouted quinoa (Tuesday and Thursday) or buckwheat (Wednesday and Friday), lightly sweetened with dates and coconut sugar in a variety of seasonal flavors.
Our Signature 6-layer Torte – thin layers of cake lightly sweetened with dates and coconut sugar (Available exclusively fruit sweetened) and filled with delicious and seasonal fillings and frosted with date-sweetened cashew frosting. A whole pre-ordered cake is $35 simply frosted. Sample flavors:
- vanilla sprouted quinoa cake
- lemon sprouted quinoa cake
- lemon poppyseed sprouted quinoa cake
- carrot sprouted buckwheat cake
- pumpkin sprouted buckwheat cake (seasonal)
- gingerbread/spice sprouted buckwheat cake
- coconut sprouted quinoa cake
- chocolate sprouted buckwheat cake
- chai-spiced sprouted buckwheat cake
- vanilla frosting (cashew)
- carob frosting (cashew)
- chocolate frosting (cashew)
- coconut whipped cream
- fermented cashew cream cheese frosting
- raspberry date-caramel filling
- date caramel filling
- berry filling
- Millet bread or muffins; an all-millet quick bread batter, very lightly sweetened with dates, made with extra virgin olive oil and baked into either loaves or muffins. Similar to cornbread in many ways, millet bread and muffins can be either sweet or savory depending on the fillings and toppings chosen.