See the Weekly Preorder Menu to see what’s coming up this week, or feel free to request things you’d like to see coming up!
SAMPLE FLAVOR OPTIONS FOR MUFFINS, ROULADES, TORTES (AVAILABILITY WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SEASON AND AVAILABILITY)
- vanilla cake (sprouted quinoa)
- lemon cake (sprouted quinoa)
- lemon poppy seed cake (sprouted quinoa)
- carrot cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- pumpkin cake (sprouted buckwheat) (seasonal)
- gingerbread/spice cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- Chinese five spiced cake (sprouted buckwheat)
- coconut cake (sprouted quinoa)
- banana cake w/or without walnuts (sprouted buckwheat)
- chocolate sprouted buckwheat cake
- chai-spiced sprouted buckwheat cake
- vanilla frosting (cashew)
- carob frosting (cashew)
- chocolate frosting (cashew)
- carob hazelnut frosting
- coconut whipped cream
- fermented cashew cream cheese frosting
- raspberry date-caramel filling
- date caramel filling
- berry or fresh fruit filling (seasonal; may require additional charge)
- berry frosting (cashew or coconut)
RAW TREATS rotate seasonally; sweetened only with fruit and may include:
- carob mint drops (sprouted almond)
- lemon ginger drops (sprouted almond)
- fig bars (sprouted buckwheat and walnut)
- carrot cake (sprouted walnuts or pecans and cashews)
- cashew coconut macaroons
- strawberry macaroons (cashew)
- almost raw samoas
- almost raw layered lemon turmeric bars (layers of coconut and turmeric-coconut cream on a sprouted nut crust)
- almost raw three layer carob brownies
- Dehydrated Kale Chips (nut free; sprouted pumpkin seeds, chia seeds)
- Raw Onion Crackers (nut free; contain sprouted buckwheat)
- Cashew Milk $13.50/quart
- Golden Milk quart $16
- Carob Cashew Milk quart $16
- Herbal Chai quart $7.50; with 4-0z coconut milk $9.50; 1/2 gallon $15; with 8-oz coconut milk $19
- Golden Smoothie Mix-in 8-oz jar $12 (3 smoothies; blend 1/3 of mix in with 1 frozen banana+1 cup water+1 cup ice per smoothie)
- Rejuvelac $7/8-oz jar A fermented liquid which can be taken as a drink, or used as a starter for nut cheeses.
I believe that all food should nourish us, even when it’s a treat. I start with organic whole foods, then mindfully prepare them to create unique, delicious treats that satisfy every sense and leave you feeling great. I believe in balance, so use sweeteners with what I think is just the right loving touch. Of course, this is subjective.
Here are a few of the things that make Julia’s Kitchen’s bakery different…
- We offer many amazing flourless options, made from sprouted grains. Our flourless muffins, breads, and roulades have a beautiful, moist texture and delicate taste.
- When we do use flour, we first sprout the grains, then dry and grind them ourselves so we can provide you with the freshest, most nourishing baked goods possible.
- We have a full line of raw treats, many of which are made solely from sprouted nuts, fruits, and spices.
- We use homemade nut milks, freshly made from sprouted organic nuts and chia seeds.
- We use organic ingredients, healthy unrefined olive, and coconut oils, and low-impact or whole food sweeteners like dates, coconut sugar, and brown rice syrup.
- Everything we make, our entire kitchen and bakery, is gluten free. It’s also vegan. Don’t let this throw you off though, it’s all delicious. It may or may not be a little different than what you’ve eaten before, but variety is the spice of life!
Most importantly, we are happy bakers and chefs. We love what we do. We often listen to mantra in the kitchen. We pour our love into everything we make. We are honored to make food for you and we are proud to serve it with the knowledge that it is truly nourishing.