HOW TO ORDER:
- Email orders to email@example.com
- Please type the word preorder in the subject line.
- In body of your email, please include the following:
- any allergies or foods to be avoided
- whether you have a specific timeline or days you are able to pick up**
- You will receive a confirmation email which will include:
- Your total due, including sales tax and jar deposits*
- A timeline for your order/when it will be available for pick up.
- Questions can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if time sensitive, texted to 303-931-8357.
- Pick up is at my house on the hill; new customers will receive the address in your confirmation email.
*As much as possible, your order will be packaged in mason jars. A deposit of $1.50/jar will be included in your order total and you can deduct $1.50/jar returned. Please make sure the jars are clean and intact (including lids) and that the jars you return to me are the jars you received from me.
**Frozen staples are available for immediate pick up if they are in stock. Out of stock items will typically be available within a few days. Bakery items are made to order and require advanced notice of at least a few days. If you have a special occasion or a specific pick up date to request, at least a week or advanced noticed is recommended. Extra bakery items may be available in smaller quantities and will be posted via social media.
- Orders and questions: email email@example.com
- Anything time-sensitive text 303-931-8357
PAYMENT OPTIONS (CASH IS PREFERRED):
Note: sales tax and a deposit of $1.50/jar (if applicable) will be added to your total cost, which I’ll include in your confirmation email. If you are returning jars, please be sure they are jars from me (there are some styles I don’t use) and subtract $1.50 per jar returned. There is paper and a pen available to notate your payment.
- Cash *preferred* Please leave cash in the black metal drop box on the wooden shelves on your right when you walk in the door (there is a slit on top to slip things inside) bundled with a paperclip (I’ve got them out by the box) so I can keep track of your payment more easily.
- Check Please slip checks into the slit at the top of the black drop box on the wooden shelving to the right when you walk in.
- Zelle using my phone number; 303-931-8357 (PLEASE DO NOT USE MY EMAIL), or by cash or check. Cash is preferred but not necessary. . Sales tax and a deposit of $1.50/jar (if applicable) will be added to your total cost, which I’ll include in your confirmation email. If you are returning jars, please be sure they are jars from me (there are some styles I don’t use) and subtract $1.50 per jar returned. There is paper and a pen available to notate your payment.
- Venmo @Julia-Hellerman
SOURDOUGH BREADS, BUNS, CRUSTS, AND FOCACCIA baked to order; unclaimed extras are periodically available frozen.
- Sprouted sourdough loaves hearty, but not too dense, loaves made from naturally fermented buckwheat and millet (or just buckwheat in some cases); these are whole food, nutrient dense loaves made from soaked and fermented grains for easier digestion and nutrient assimilation. The chia flax (buckwheat and millet) version is a bit more crusty and the buckwheat flax (buckwheat only) has a softer texture.
- chia flax (buckwheat and millet; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf;) $10/loaf
- buckwheat flax buckwheat-only breads have a softer crust and are made without chia seed. (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar per loaf) $10
- cinnamon raisin (buckwheat only) (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- Za’atar focaccia (buckwheat and millet/zero added sugar) $7
- seasonal onion and herb (buckwheat and millet/zero added sugar) $11 may be spring onions, shallots, caramelized onions
- sugar free chia flax (buckwheat and millet; no sugar) $11/loaf
- fennel (buckwheat only; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- Sprouted Buckwheat and Millet Sourdough Buns $6/4-pk (zero added sugar)
- Sprouted Buckwheat and Millet Sourdough Pizza Crusts $10/4-pk (zero added sugar)
- Mini focaccia half dozen $22.50 filled with seeds, veggies, or spices, depending on the week. Sometimes the buckwheat flax batter, sometimes the chia flax batter. Always delicious.
- Add fermented cashew cream cheese $5.50/4-oz jar
MUFFINS, CAKES, AND ROULADES minimum orders apply; extras are posted on social media.
- Millet muffins an all-millet quick bread batter, very lightly sweetened with dates and baked into muffins. Similar to cornbread in many ways, millet muffins can be either sweet or savory depending on the fillings and toppings chosen. Millet muffins are made with olive oil, so are free from coconut.
- Just as they are $20/half dozen with veggies baked in $24/half dozen
- add a jar of fermented cashew cream cheese $5.00/4-oz $11.00/8-oz
- with berries or seasonal fruit baked in $24/half dozen
- add coconut whip 3.75/4-oz jar
- Just as they are $20/half dozen with veggies baked in $24/half dozen
- Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Muffins 1/2 dozen $20 also available in mini size. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Some flavor additions may require an additional charge. Muffins have a balanced sweet flavor. You can specify minimally sweet which means 1/2 the normal for quinoa and date-only for buckwheat.
- Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Roulades 1/2 dozen $26 jelly roll-style, filled with healthy and delicious fillings such as date-sweetened nut or coconut frostings or fruit purees, cinnamon-fig, date-nut caramel, etc. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Some flavor additions may require an additional charge. You can specify minimally sweet which means 1/2 the normal for quinoa and date-only for buckwheat.
- 6-layer torte; cakes are sweetened with coconut sugar and dates; some flavors can be made with dates only for a less-sweet cake; all frostings are date-sweetened $35 for one cake flavor+one frosting flavor. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
STAPLES – HEAT AND EAT, STARTERS/ADD-INS, SAUCES AND EMBELLISHERS, AND SNACKS
NOURISHING SNACKS AND TREATS (rotate periodically)
- Banana Pepita Granola Bites $2.50/ea sprouted buckwheat, dates, bananas, sprouted almonds and pumpkin seeds, spices…
- Original Almond Adaba Bars $2/ea a uniquely light and crispy granola bar made from popped amaranth and freshly ground sprouted almond butter, sweetened with coconut sugar and brown rice syrup…one of my first products and inspirations for opening a business of my own way back in pre-Farmers’ Market days.
HEAT AND EAT
- Kitchari for cleanse $75/4-day (3 half gallons) $90/5-day (4 half gallons) plus jar deposits Kitchari is a soothing blend of mung Dahl and brown basmati rice, plus celery, carrots, and kale, mildly seasoned with turmeric, fresh ginger, and fresh lemon. I love it garnished with toasted coconut and I often add extra veggies; sometimes I add a splash of hot sauce. Cleansing with kitchari gives your body a rest while still keeping up your energy. It’s also a nice mental break from thinking about what you are going to eat! A minimum of 3 large jars, (12 meals) is required for special orders. If you would like a smaller portion, you can watch social media for extras from special orders, or you can get a group together to meet the minimum.
- Take and Bake Sprouted Lentil Shiitake Veggie Sausages $12/dozen bite sized “sausages” made from sprouted lentils, local shiitake mushrooms, veggies, and those delicious sausage spices…
- Take and Bake Sprouted Veggie Burgers $16/4-pack Whole food burger patties made from sprouted beans, grains, and veggies; mildly flavored so you can take them in the direction of your choosing. Add sprouted sourdough buns and a sauce, plus your own veggie toppings for a complete burger experience. Baking instructions on this page. Feel free to ask about the current flavor(s) available, or be surprised.
MEAL STARTERS AND ADD-INS (sold frozen)
Purchase batters, sauces, condiments, and spice mixtures to transform simple ingredients into your own amazing creations. Ingredients and Instructions are available here. Defrost in refrigerator when ready to use/eat.
Beans/Bean Batters – You add fresh seasonal veggies to create easy and quick savory meal as part of a larger plate, or a complete meal-in-hand on the go.
- Red Lentil Crepe (Dosa) Batter $7.50/12-oz jar pour about 1/4 cup onto a seasoned crepe pan or griddle heated to medium and immediately tilt to spread into a thin crepe (or spread with a spoon) then cook for a minute or two on each side, or until browned. Fill with cashew cream cheese, saag, or your favorite cooked veggies; crisp in oven if desired. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Quiche Batter $7.50/8-oz jar (makes 2 servings) or $15/pint (4-servings) a base of mung beans, olive oil, onion, garlic, and sea salt makes magic once baked into a quiche. You can bake it as is in a cast iron skillet or muffin pans and enjoy it as an accompaniment to soup, salad, or other veggies, or stir vegetables in before baking and/or pour it into a shredded or smashed veggie or pastry crust. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Red Lentil Veggie Pancake Batter $7.50/12-oz jar $10/pint a base of red lentils, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, ginger, garlic, spices (including nightshades) and sea salt just needs the addition of shredded raw veggies, roasted veggies, or whatever you like. Cook on a griddle like you would traditional pancakes and enjoy a delicious savory handheld snack or light meal. Fabulous on the go or at the table. Wonderful used as the bread for a vegetable sandwich smothered in some delicious sauce like cashew raita or balsamic drizzle. Or toast them up and serve alongside soup, salad, or a cooked veggie medley. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Mung Bean Veggie Pancake Batter $8.25/12-oz jar $11/pint see all the info above for red lentil veggie pancake batter, but replace mung dahl for the red lentils and eliminate the garlic and nightshades (no onions either). Ayurvedic cleanse-friendly! You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Sprouted and Cooked Whole Mung Beans $5/pint Meal Suggestion: cooked mixed veggies + sprouted mung beans + lemon ginger sauce = lemon ginger veggie bowl. Or, toast them in a pan with olive oil and salt and enjoy as a protein-packed salad topper.
- Sprouted and Cooked Chickpeas aka garbanzo beans $5/pint Meal Suggestion: caramelized onion chutney + red lentil coconut curry add in + 36-oz water + chickpeas + leftover veggies or cauliflower rice = chickpea tikka masala.
- Sprouted and Cooked Black Beans $5/pint Meal Suggestion: black bean salad with chopped Spring onions, green garlic, finely minced celery, and parsley or cilantro + chipotle drizzle. Optionally add massaged kale, lightly steamed spinach, sprouted and cooked quinoa, diced avocado, etc…a quick homemade red wine vinaigrette is another dressing option.
Grain-Based Batters Bake these as is, or you can add veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, spices, etc to make them your own and tailor them to become the perfect accompaniment to your meal plan.
- Naan Batter $5/12-oz jar a crepe-like flatbread batter made from sprouted buckwheat and millet, sprouted flax, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Cook on the stovetop on a seasoned griddle and use as a wrap for sandwiches, sweeten and use as a crepe, or use to scoop up thick delicious soups like kitchari and dal.
- Sourdough Batter $7.50 You add 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and whatever fruit, veggies, seeds, nuts, herbs, etc you like and bake into a loaf, 6-7 personal pizza crusts, 6-7 buns, veggie focaccia, or whatever your heart desires. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Sprouted Quinoa OR Sprouted Buckwheat Muffin/Torte/Roulade Batter $8.25 You add whatever fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, and extracts suit you, plus baking powder, baking soda, applesauce, and apple cider vinegar and bake your own muffins (makes 6-9), 6-layer torte, roulade, or whatever your heart desires. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
EMBELLISHERS AND SAUCES add these to veggies or your favorite proteins to
- Saag Starter $6/4-oz jar Stir into steamed spinach, plus sautéed garlic and onion if you wish and enjoy and AMAZING dip to be served on its own, or with browned potatoes (saag aloo), or browned quiche cubes to be reminiscent of saag paneer. Go to the opening of the Boulder Farmers’ Market this Saturday and buy 2 lbs of spinach (many of the farmers wash it well before bringing it to the market which makes life easier) and chop it up. Sauté 1 chopped yellow onion and a few cloves of minced garlic in olive oil until the onion has softened, then add about 1 cup of water and the chopped spinach, cover, and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes or until the spinach cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on it while it’s cooking to make sure that there is still some water at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the saag starter and enjoy something fresh and delicious. You can choose to leave out the garlic and onion for an Ayurvedic version, or go totally local produce and use shallots and spring onions instead…wrap it up with naan or red lentil crepes/dosas, or serve as suggested above over brown basmati rice. I like spinach, but you can really stir into any greens or cooked veggies; use a spoonful for an individual portion or the whole jar enough veggies for 4-5 people. Of course, you could also stir into beans or a protein to pack a flavor punch…
- Red Lentil Coconut Curry Add In $9/12-oz jar a paste made from spices, ginger, garlic, tomato, coconut, and lemon that, when added to simple cooked red lentils with vegetables becomes a delightfully satisfying and nourishing stew. An all time favorite at Julia’s Kitchen! Specific Instructions available on this page. Also can be combined with the caramelized onion chutney and added to cooked chickpeas and veggies for a yummy chickpea tikka masala. Or, just stir a spoonful into veggies and your favorite protein
- Caramelized Onion Chutney $5.50/4-oz jar add to cooked potatoes or other veggies to make a filling for red lentil dosas, or combine with red lentil coconut curry add in and add to cooked chickpeas and veggies for a delicious chickpea masala to serve with cooked rice and/or naan.
- Sprouted lemon Tahini Dressing/Sauce $7.50/8-oz jar use as a salad dressing (awesome combined with balsamic drizzle), or drizzle over falafel, hummus, or veggie pancakes.
- Lemon Ginger Sauce $9.50/8-oz jar Just a Tablespoon stirred into cooked veggies and/or beans is transformative, or brush on any protein to bring the flavor to a whole new level.
- Miso Mustard $4.50/4-oz jar Fabulous dipping sauce for raw vegetables or burger bites, amazing as a sandwich spread or drizzled over any protein.
- Balsamic Drizzle $9/8-oz jar Yummy as a salad dressing or a veggie burger topping; also good balance to red lentil pancakes if they are made spicy.
- Chipotle Drizzle $9/8-oz jar Great addition to bean burgers or beans and rice; also delicious contrast to the mellow flavor of mung dahl veggie pancakes. Add a little tomato paste for a quick and easy sugar free spicy ketchup…
- Fermented Cashew Cream Cheese $11/8-oz jar