Place orders by Sunday at midnight (I do the soaking Monday morning) by sending to email@example.com with PREORDER-YOUR NAME in the subject heading. Include quantities and any special instructions, especially foods that need to be avoided.
Orders are ready for pick up by 4pm on Wednesday and you can pick up anytime after that on Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, or beyond. To maximize the quality of your food, please indicate on your order which day you are planning to pick up.
Payment can be made via Zelle using my phone number; 303-931-8357 (PLEASE DO NOT USE MY EMAIL), or by cash or check. Cash is preferred but not necessary. Please leave cash and checks in the black metal drop box on the wooden shelves (there is a slit on top to slip things in). Sales tax and a deposit of $1.50/jar (if applicable) will be added to your total cost, which I’ll include in your confirmation email. If you are returning jars, please be sure they are jars from me (there are some styles I don’t use) and subtract $1.50 per jar returned. There is paper and a pen available to notate your payment.
READY TO EAT:
- Banana Split 6-layer Torte $5.25/slice layers of banana cake (made from sprouted buckwheat), strawberry chia and vanilla fillings and covered with chocolate frosting date-sweetened, contains cashews
- Raw Blueberry Fig Bars (walnut) $2/ea
- Raw Raspberry Fig Bars (almonds) $2/ea
- Raw Banana Walnut Bread $2/ea
- Raw Carob Brownies $2/ea
- Chocolate Chip Cookies $1/ea
- Berry Coconut Raw Granola $6.25/pint jar
- Cashew Milk $6.75/12-oz jar date sweetened
- Carob Cashew Milk $7.25/12-oz jar date sweetened
- Baked Quiche $60/full $35/half flavor changes weekly/based on seasonal veggies and herbs available.
- add 8-oz fermented cashew cream cheese $11
- Sprouted sourdough loaves hearty, but not too dense, loaves made from naturally fermented buckwheat and millet (or just buckwheat in some cases); these are whole food, nutrient dense loaves made from soaked and fermented grains for easier digestion and nutrient assimilation.
- chia flax (buckwheat and millet; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf;) $10/loaf
- buckwheat flax buckwheat-only breads have a softer crust and are made without chia seed. (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar per loaf) $10
- caramelized onion and herb (buckwheat and millet/zero added sugar) $11
- Za’atar focaccia (buckwheat and millet/zero added sugar) $7
- cinnamon raisin (buckwheat only) (1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- fennel (buckwheat only; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf) $11
- Sprouted Buckwheat and Millet Sourdough Buns $6/4-pk (zero added sugar)
- Sprouted Buckwheat and Millet Sourdough Pizza Crusts $10/4-pk (zero added sugar)
- Mini focaccia half dozen $22.50 filled with seeds, veggies, or spices, depending on the week. Sometimes the buckwheat flax batter, sometimes the chia flax batter. Always delicious.
- add fermented cashew cream cheese $5.50/4-oz jar
- Millet muffins an all-millet quick bread batter, very lightly sweetened with dates and baked into muffins. Similar to cornbread in many ways, millet muffins can be either sweet or savory depending on the fillings and toppings chosen. Millet muffins are made with olive oil, so are free from coconut.
- Just as they are $20/half dozen
- with veggies baked in $24/half dozen
- add a jar of fermented cashew cream cheese $5.00/4-oz $11.00/8-oz
- with berries or seasonal fruit baked in $24/half dozen
- add coconut whip 3.75/4-oz jar
- Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Muffins 1/2 dozen $20 also available in mini size. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
- Sprouted Buckwheat or Quinoa Roulades 1/2 dozen $26 jelly roll-style, filled with healthy and delicious fillings such as date-sweetened nut or coconut frostings or fruit purees, cinnamon-fig, date-nut caramel, etc. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
- 6-layer torte; cakes are sweetened with coconut sugar and dates; some flavors can be made with dates only for a less-sweet cake; all frostings are date-sweetened $35 for one cake flavor+one frosting flavor. Ask about current/seasonal flavor options; sample flavor options are listed on the bakery page. Some specific flavor requests may require an additional charge.
MEAL STARTER KITS AND EMBELLISHERS
Purchase batters, sauces, condiments, and spice mixtures to transform simple ingredients into your own amazing creations. Ingredients and Instructions are available here. Generally purchased frozen. Defrost in refrigerator when ready to use/eat.
- Take and Bake Pesto Quinoa Cakes $12/dozen or $2/ea sprouted (cooked) quinoa, spinach hempseed pesto, onion, garlic, tomato, evoo, and sea salt formed into a savory cake. Pop them out of the freezer and into the oven or toaster oven and bake at 325-375 until lightly browned. Enjoy as an accompaniment to soup or salad, or spoon your favorite cooked veggie or bean dish over the top.
- Saag Starter $6/4-oz jar Stir into steamed spinach, plus sautéed garlic and onion if you wish and enjoy and AMAZING dip to be served on its own, or with browned potatoes (saag aloo), or browned quiche cubes to be reminiscent of saag paneer. Go to the opening of the Boulder Farmers’ Market this Saturday and buy 2 lbs of spinach (many of the farmers wash it well before bringing it to the market which makes life easier) and chop it up. Sauté 1 chopped yellow onion and a few cloves of minced garlic in olive oil until the onion has softened, then add about 1 cup of water and the chopped spinach, cover, and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes or until the spinach cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on it while it’s cooking to make sure that there is still some water at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the saag starter and enjoy something fresh and delicious. You can choose to leave out the garlic and onion for an Ayurvedic version, or go totally local produce and use shallots and spring onions instead…wrap it up with naan or red lentil crepes/dosas, or serve as suggested above over brown basmati rice. Or eat it by the spoonful.
- Red Lentil Crepe (Dosa) Batter $7.50/12-oz jar pour about 1/4 cup onto a seasoned crepe pan or griddle heated to medium and immediately tilt to spread into a thin crepe (or spread with a spoon) then cook for a minute or two on each side, or until browned. Fill with cashew cream cheese, saag, or your favorite cooked veggies; crisp in oven if desired.
- Naan Batter $5/12-0z jar a crepe-like flatbread batter made from sprouted buckwheat and millet, sprouted flax, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Cook on a seasoned griddle and use as a wrap for sandwiches, sweeten and use as a crepe, or use to scoop up thick delicious soups like kitchari and dal.
- ***NEW***Sourdough Batter $7.50 You add 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and whatever fruit, veggies, seeds, nuts, herbs, etc you like and bake into a loaf, 6-7 personal pizza crusts, 6-7 buns, veggie focaccia, or whatever your heart desires.
- ***NEW***Sprouted Quinoa OR Sprouted Buckwheat Muffin/Torte/Roulade Batter $8.25 You add whatever fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, and extracts suit you, plus baking powder, baking soda, applesauce, and apple cider vinegar and bake your own muffins (makes 6-9), 6-layer torte, roulade, or whatever your heart desires.
- Red Lentil Coconut Curry Add In $9/12-oz jar a paste made from spices, ginger, garlic, tomato, coconut, and lemon that, when added to simple cooked red lentils with vegetables becomes a delightfully satisfying and nourishing stew. An all time favorite at Julia’s Kitchen! Specific Instructions available on this page.
- Take and Bake Sprouted Veggie Burgers $16/4-pack Whole food burger patties made from sprouted beans, grains, and veggies; mildly flavored so you can take them in the direction of your choosing. Add sprouted sourdough buns and a sauce, plus your own veggie toppings for a complete burger experience. Baking instructions on this page. Feel free to ask about the current flavor(s) available, or be surprised…
- Quiche Batter $7.50/8-oz jar (makes 2 servings) or $15/pint (4-servings) a base of mung beans, olive oil, onion, garlic, and sea salt makes magic once baked into a quiche. You can bake it as is in a cast iron skillet or muffin pans and enjoy it as an accompaniment to soup, salad, or other veggies, or stir vegetables in before baking and/or pour it into a shredded or smashed veggie or pastry crust. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Red Lentil Veggie Pancake Batter $7.50/12-oz jar $10/pint a base of red lentils, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, ginger, garlic, spices (including nightshades) and sea salt just needs the addition of shredded raw veggies, roasted veggies, or whatever you like. Cook on a griddle like you would traditional pancakes and enjoy a delicious savory handheld snack or light meal. Fabulous on the go or at the table. Wonderful used as the bread for a vegetable sandwich smothered in some delicious sauce like cashew raita or balsamic drizzle. Or toast them up and serve alongside soup, salad, or a cooked veggie medley. You can find more specific instructions on this page.
- Mung Bean Veggie Pancake Batter $8.25/12-oz jar $11/pint see all the info above for red lentil veggie pancake batter, but replace mung dahl for the red lentils and eliminate the garlic and nightshades (no onions either). Ayurvedic cleanse-friendly!
- Sprouted lemon Tahini Dressing/Sauce $7.50/8-oz jar use as a salad dressing (awesome combined with balsamic drizzle), or drizzle over falafel, hummus, or veggie pancakes.
- Lemon Ginger Sauce $9.50/8-oz jar Just a Tablespoon stirred into cooked veggies and/or beans is transformative, or brush on any protein to bring the flavor to a whole new level.
- Miso Mustard $4.50/4-oz jar Fabulous dipping sauce for raw vegetables or burger bites, amazing as a sandwich spread or drizzled over any protein.
- Balsamic Drizzle $9/8-oz jar Yummy as a salad dressing or a veggie burger topping; also good balance to red lentil pancakes if they are made spicy.
- Chipotle Drizzle $9/8-oz jar Great addition to bean burgers or beans and rice; also delicious contrast to the mellow flavor of mung dahl veggie pancakes.
- Golden Smoothie Starter $12/8-oz jar (makes 3 smoothies) Blend 1/3 cup smoothie mix with 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of ice for a creamy, refreshing, delicious health supportive smoothie that tastes like a ginger milkshake.
- Fermented Cashew Cream Cheese $11/8-oz jar