I am very excited about starting a product line for the freezer section! I would love to partner up with some creative people who have product experience in production and marketing and who want to offer a really high integrity product to the public and want to run a profitable business that does not compromise on sustainability and integrity of the ingredients, product, or operation. The following will be features of this line:
- Plant-based foundations – substantial “starters” to which customers will add fresh ingredients of their choice and cook/bake (according to provided recipes and directions with plenty of latitude for personal choice and creativity).
- Sprouted and/or fermented grains, beans, nuts, seeds
- Organic or better ingredients exclusively except those that aren’t available organically, such as salt.
- Whole nutrient dense food-based
- Supportive of a varied diet (using ingredients that are less common in the typical Western diet such as millet, buckwheat, and a variety of legumes; will be gluten free and in some cases grain free for the purpose of diversity rather than avoidance
- Avoiding plastic; using reusable glass jars instead
- Simple frozen batters and add-ins will provide the direction and inspiration to get people into the kitchen, using their CSA shares, and mainly shopping in the produce section armed with knowledge of seasonality
- Cooking education and support
- Promoting mindfulness ideas around creating a more positive impact on the Earth – both food and lifestyle
Skills I’m seeking in a partner(s):
- Production in the food/natural food industry
- Food Science
- Raising Capital