Good evening! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that extra hour has come in handy to prepare you for the week ahead.
For this coming week, I’ll be baking for pick up Friday and Saturday. If you would like to order bread for stuffing, this is the week to do it! And the regular menu is available this week. Please order by Tuesday by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m looking at the calendar and noting that Thanksgiving is really just around the corner! I’ll be taking orders for pick up Sunday November 18th (that’s the Sunday before Thanksgiving). Please place your orders (via email to email@example.com) by Tuesday November 13th. If you are starting to plan your menu, here are some ideas for a delicious and abundant plant-based Thanksgiving (or if that’s not your style, some delicious accompaniments to whatever is your preference and tradition). The links to recipe are from my pre-Julia’s Kitchen blog. There are some recipes that are from non-vegan days, fyi.
Have a fantastic week and BE SURE TO VOTE – DROP BALLOTS OFF (DON’T MAIL) OR VOTE IN PERSON!
what I offer:
- Quiche Batter $15/pint – bake your own quiche with a tradition pastry crust, a veggie crust, or even a bread stuffing crust! Super simple to make – stir some veggies into the batter and bake in your chosen crust…more detail here.
- Sprouted Adzuki Bean and Millet Veggie Burgers $16/4-pk
- Sprouted Chickpea Quinoa Veggie Burgers $16/4-pk
- Add sprouted sesame tahini gravy $7.50/8-oz jar
- Add creamy sprouted almond butter sauce (contains soy tamari) $8.25/8-oz jar
- Winter Squash Sauté – this is an old recipe from the tempeh/tofu days; if you avoid soy, it would be delicious with cooked lentils, mung beans, or chickpeas instead of the tempeh
- Fabulous Lentil Veggie Loaf made with Thanksgiving leftovers
- Layered Root Vegetable Gratin
- Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
BREADS AND SIDES
what I offer:
- Sprouted Sourdough Bread or rolls (best to freeze until Thanksgiving) $10-11/loaf; rolls are $7.40/4-pk (serve a basket sliced or use for stuffing)
- see weekly menu for flavor choices; there will also be a squash pepita option for Thanksgiving pick up
- Sprouted Sourdough Batter – for freshly baked loaves, rolls, etc; $7.50
- choose chia flax (millet and buckwheat) or buckwheat flax (buckwheat only)
- Take and take veggie sausages for your stuffing $12/12-pk
- Green Bean Casserole
- French Lentil Pâté
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad
- Warm Autumn Tossed Salad
- Millet Muffins (batter available) with 5-Spice Carrot Cashew Butter
what I offer:
- Creamy Layered Pumpkin Bars $4.50/ea will contain nuts; fruit sweetened
- Raw Caramel Apple Pie Bars $4.50/ea will contain nuts; fruit sweetened
- Sprouted Quinoa or Buckwheat Muffin/Torte/Roulade Batters so you can adapt your own family favorites…$8.25/ea II’m happy to give you some guidance if you don’t find everything you need in the detailed instructions here