I hope you are enjoying your Summer and this nice respite we are having today from the heat!
Slight change from my original plan; there will just be one pick up for July; please order by Tuesday evening (sooner is better, if you can) and pick ups will start Friday and Saturday. If you’d prefer to pick up Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday, or later in the month, I’m happy to hold orders in the freezer and arrange a different pick up time. I expect to be back to regular schedule in August. If you have questions about available time for pick up, please do ask; otherwise, please let me know when you plan to pick up. My cell phone number is 303-931-8357 in case we need to coordinate timing…
You’ll find the menu here, and see below for recipe ideas for this week:
- Sprouted lentil salad No need to turn on the oven when it’s 95 degrees outside! Just mix up some cooked lentils (you can do this with other beans too) with celery, finely chopped red onion, parsley, maybe some sliced radishes or other crunchy things and toss with chipotle drizzle. Serve on a bed of greens, or a toasted sourdough bun.
- Hummus Pizza Slather some sprouted hummus on a sprouted sourdough bun and add your choice of veggies (I love olives, tomato, and a few basil leaves this time of year), then pop it in the toaster just until it’s heated through. Drizzle with lemon tahini after cooking…
- Veggie Pancake Wraps Add whatever CSA veggies you have leftover to either veggie pancake mix and cook them on the griddle, then cook up some naan, spread on a layer of cashew cream cheese and stuff it with lettuce, shredded carrots, cabbage and red onions and wrap it up for an overstuffed knife-and-fork style wrap. Drizzle with balsamic drizzle.
- Speedy Seasonal Sauté your favorite local veggies (zucchini, kale, tomato, onion, garlic…) sautéed in olive oil with seasoned with salt, then topped with sprouted chickpeas, lentils, mung beans or black beans, or whatever other cooked bean you have on hand. Simple, quick, seasonal, always delicious!
- Lemon Rosemary Chickpeas heat a small saucepan over medium and pour in a good glug of olive oil (a tablespoon or so); add a big clove of garlic, minced and let cook until fragrant (45 seconds or so) then add a jar of cooked sprouted chickpeas plus about 1 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or so. Take off the heat and add some chopped fresh rosemary and a splash of fresh lemon juice. You may want to add a bit more salt at the table, just to taste.
- Lemon-Garlic New Potatoes toss local new potatoes with olive oil and bake at 375 degrees (I use the toaster oven) until they are soft enough to smash open with a fork. Smash them open and toss with a bit more oil, copious amounts of olive oil, and fresh lemon juice. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and continue to bake another 15 minutes or so.
- Golden Smoothie It’s the perfect time of year for this refreshing and nourishing treat that tastes kind of like a ginger milkshake…just add a frozen banana+1 cup ice+1 cup water…