The menu for pick up starting June 6th is up and you can view it here. Please note that there will be no pick ups from June 22nd – July 12th. A limited menu will be offered for July 18th, but likely won’t be able to bake sourdough loaves until at least July 25th due to restrictions after a minor surgery. Now is the time to stock up and fill your freezer! Please email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday evening.
Lots of yummy things and thoughts for next week…
- Lemon poppyseed 6 layer torte filled with local rhubarb jam and coconut whip, frosted with vanilla cashew frosting.
- I’ll be making another batch of the sweet and savory tahini buckwheat bars, since they are so deliciously nourishing.
- I’m also going to experiment with a raw “donut”…
- carob mint drops made from fresh local mint
- Plenty of savory stuff too, including raw buckwheat veggie crackers, kale chips, and plenty of batters to fill with your CSA shares and market bounty…
- roast all those hakurei turnips and fold them into red lentil veggie pancake batter along with carrots, cabbage, and kale…and whatever else you choose
- stir chives into cashew cream cheese; spread on sourdough bread or raw buckwheat crackers or thinly slice turnips and wrap around a dollop of herbed cream cheese
- turn the abundant greens into saag and wrap in red lentil crepes
- make a delicious veggie bowl with market veggies and sprouted mung beans (lemon ginger), black beans (chipotle aioli), or chickpeas (sprouted lemon tahini), all available cooked and frozen.
- stir scallions into mung bean veggie pancake batter and brush with sesame oil after cooking for scallion pancakes to serve alongside Summer miso soup made with local bok choy, carrots, green garlic, spring onions, and shiitake mushrooms.
- Veggie burgers this week are sprouted mung bean and millet, unless you let me know that you want the last 4 black bean quinoa.
Alrighty, that’s it for now. I’ve got a basement full of rising 9th graders to tend to…wish me luck.