Please place your orders for the week today. You can see the preorder menu below. Please email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading preorder + your name. Pick up is Wednesday 4-7, or we can arrange something more flexible if needed.
Also, a group of local artists is going to hold a holiday market at Julia’s Kitchen on Thursday December 14th in the early evening. More details to follow, but mark your calendars! I may do a little holiday baking for it as well; ideas and suggestions are welcome!
I have been doing a bit of reminiscing about the early days of Julia’s Kitchen…my kids were so young when I started. My how things have changed! One now towers over me, and the other is catching up fast. And the quality of iPhone pics is also notably different.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- Kitchari $15/quart or $27/half gallon Savory porridge made from mung dahl and brown basmati rice, plus kale, carrots, and celery and seasoned with turmeric, ginger, and lemon. This is an Ayurvedic classic comforting and nourishing food; it does not contain onions, garlic, or oil. This is not heavy on veggies, so plan to have some veggies to add yourself or eat on the side. Garnish with toasted coconut. Add jalapeno hot sauce if desired.
- add toasted coconut $2.50/8-oz jar
- add hot sauce $5/4-oz jar
- add naan batter $5/12-oz jar
- add naan $1/each
- Red Lentil Sweet Potato Dosas $18/4 dosas includes 4 red lentil wraps, 1 pint sweet potato/cauliflower (+other veggies) with caramelized onion chutney, 4-oz fermented cashew raita
- just the red lentil wraps only $6/4-pk
- just the veggies $9.25/pint (available with or without chutney)
- fermented cashew cream cheese $11/8-oz container
- Sausage Pizza$27.50/3-pack includes 3 sprouted sourdough pizza crusts, 4-oz local spinach and basil hempseed pesto, 12-oz tomato sauce, and 15 sausages You layer each crust with pesto, then tomato sauce, then place or crumble the sausages on top; plus your own veggies like spinach, kale, caramelized onions, etc and bake at 350 degrees until it’s warmed through and crisped to your taste.
- just the crust $10/4-pack
- just the pesto $5.50/4-oz jar
- just the sausages $8/8-oz jar
- Lemon Ginger Veggie Bowl $16/quart plus jar deposit Steamed and roasted vegetables, sprouted (cooked mung beans) tossed in a tangy lemon ginger dressing. contains onion and garlic
- Lemon Ginger Veggies $9.25/pint Same as the bowl, but just the veggies. sauce contains onion and garlic
- caramelized onions $5/8-oz Your secret ingredient for delicious sauces, soups, etc, to top burgers, add to other veggies or sandwiches, etc.
- roasted beets $5/8-oz jar Salad topper, add balsamic drizzle for a delicious side dish, or just a yummy snack.
- roasted carrots $5/8-ozjar Just, yum. In lemon ginger sauce, alone or with other veggies. On a salad. As a snack.
- pickled onions $5/8-oz jar Red onions simply quick-pickled in apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Fabulous addition to green salads, bean salads, to top burgers, stuff into wraps. These add a yummy zing to almost anything.
- Cooked Sprouted Mung Beans (other beans sometimes available). $6/pint No onion or garlic; nightshade free
- Quiche $60/full (12-48 pieces, depending on how you cut them); $35/half. A mung dahl batter filled with veggies and cooked into a veggie crust. Flavors rotate weekly according to what’s in season. Reheat in a steamer and/or toaster or oven. Please indicate if there are veggies you do not like/prefer to avoid. Contains onion and garlic; full can be requested without. May contain nightshades depending on flavor. Quiche batter $30/full; $7.50/8-oz jar (to make 2 slices). Choose your own veggies for crust and filling, then bake on a sheet pan (for full), or cast iron skillet. The whole quiche bakes perfectly on a Norpro jelly roll pan, which you can purchase at Mcguckins, and takes about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Half can be baked in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Or, divide into 6 portions and cook 2 pieces at a time in a 4-inch cast iron skillet. The remaining batter can be frozen. Please ask for more detailed instructions if needed. Contains onion and garlic; full can be requested without.
- Sprouted Chickpea Hummus $5/8-oz jar So delicious with naan, veggies and lemon tahini as a wrap, or on top of toasted millet cakes with fresh tomato sliced on top…
BREADS AND GRAINS:
- Millet Cakes 4-pk $5 Germinated millet that is cooked, then formed into cakes and baked until a crispy coating forms around the soft millet inside. Just millet, evoo, salt, and pepper. No onion or garlic; nightshade free.
- Sprouted Sourdough Pizza Crusts 4-pk $10 No onion or garlic; nightshade free.
- Sprouted Sourdough Buns 4-pk $6 No onion or garlic; nightshade free.
- Naan Batter $5/12-oz jar Eaten like naan with soup, or as a wrap, this version of “naan” is more like a savory crepe. It’s made from sprouted buckwheat, millet, sprouted flax, evoo, and sea salt. You can vary the consistency to make a more crepe-like naan (thinner batter) to a more spongy, bread-like naan (thicker batter). Cook on a seasoned cast iron skillet or crepe pan at 350 degrees. No onion or garlic; nightshade free.
- Sprouted sourdough loaves Special request flavors may require purchasing a full batch of 5 loaves.
- chia flax $10/loaf (buckwheat and millet) No onion or garlic; nightshade free; contains 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf.
- buckwheat flax $10/loaf buckwheat-only breads have a softer crust and are made without chia seed $10/loaf No onion or garlic; nightshade free containers 1.2 t coconut sugar/loaf.
- caramelized onion and herb$11/loaf (buckwheat and millet) contains onion; no added sweetener.
- Za’atar focaccia $7 (buckwheat and millet) contains onion; no added sweetener.
- cinnamon raisin $11/loaf (buckwheat only) No onion or garlic; nightshade free; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf.
- fennel or fennel and onion $11/loaf (buckwheat only) fennel does not contain onion or garlic and is nightshade free; 1.2 teaspoons coconut sugar/loaf.
- with veggies and cream cheese $25
SAUCES AND CONDIMENTS; never contain sweeteners or fillers – whole foods only
- Lemon Ginger Sauce $9.50/8-oz jar A delicious, tangy sauce that we love on veggies and with veggie pancakes. Some use as a salad dressing, and it would be delicious to kick up any protein. Contains onion and garlic
- Sprouted Lemon Tahini Dressing $7.50/8-oz jar A creamy, rich dressing made with calcium-rich sprouted sesame seeds, fresh lemon juice, evoo, a touch of garlic, and sometimes a bit of parsley. Contains garlic
- Balsamic Drizzle $9/8-oz jar A classic, balanced salad dressing, but one that relies on whole foods rather than added sweeteners and stabilizers. Contains onion and garlic
- Cashew Raita $7.50/8-oz jar A pourable version of the fermented cashew cream cheese embellished with a seasonal herb or cucumber. A cooling sauce that is equally delicious over curries, in wraps, drizzled into soups, as a dip for veggie pancakes, or as a salad dressing. No onion or garlic
- Chipotle Aioli $9/8-oz jar Technically a vinaigrette that, when refrigerated, takes on the thicker consistency of aioli. So delicious to add a kick to mung dahl veggie pancakes, burgers, and bean salads. Contains onion, garlic, and nightshade (chipotle)
- Fermented Cashew Cream Cheese $11/8-oz jar You have to taste it to understand. You will not need dairy cream cheese anymore. Cashews are fermented, then blended with fresh lemon, evoo, and salt. No junk, just delicious. No onion or garlic
HEALTHY SWEET TREATS Nutrient-dense, yummy, health-supportive. This menu rotates; more options are available for special order on the bakery menu.
- Raspberry Chai Sprouted Quinoa Muffins $4/ea
- Golden Cashew Milk $6.50/12-oz jar
- Raw Cashew Coconut Macaroons $1/eacontain cashews:)
- Almost raw Carob Mint Drops $1/ea contain sprouted almonds; carob powder is roasted
- Raw Lemon Ginger Drops $1/ea contain sprouted almonds
- Raw Local Pear Fig Bars $1/ea contain sprouted buckwheat and walnuts